Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year, new house.

Some people have asked if I've fallen off the bandwagon but I assure you I havent!  I may have had a temporary fall off the blogging bandwagon but hey, I wasnt a regular blogger in the first place was I?  So yes it has been a busy time what with finishing off renos, packing up house, moving, Christmas, family in town for almost 4 weeks altogether, and oh did I mention the life growing in me that is wonderful and exciting but certainly leaves me feeling tired and sick (although I seem to be mostly passed this stage).

So yes we are in a NEW YEAR, full of new excitements.  We didnt move into our house until a couple of days after New Year and we are still working on settling in and getting organised.  As I write this I still here bang bang and buzzzzzzz of hammers and drills and saws from downstairs.  You see our tenants (who happen to be great friends of ours = bonus) are moving in to our downstairs suite on Saturday so its full speed ahead to get all that needs to be finished done downstairs.

So there are still some finishings that need to happen upstairs but for now let me give you a sneak peak at how its looking.


Here's my lovely kitchen with the huge island.  Seriously you could sleep on it it's so big.  We still need some barstools and Phil is going to build a book shelf on the end there for Sophia.  We also need a door on the laundry room back in the corner there.......all in good time though.

Next to the kitchen is the dining area with our mini table.  We knew it would look abnormally small now that we have lots of space.  Thats another change we'd like to make, preferably for cheap.  Maybe we'll find a table on Kijiji or UsedNanaimo someday soon.


And then the living room too is taking shape.  Window seat is still to be finished too.


Talking of the window seat.  Here is the view from it down the road to the ocean and Rocky mountains on the mainland on a beautiful snowy morning.


Until next time......

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous kitchen Joy! Your place is looking fantastic- congrats on all your news, including the new little bro/sis for Sophia. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Joy!! You have my dream kitchen! And Congratulations on baby #2!!!! I'm so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PHIL - you are AMAZING !!
    Your home is a work of art !
    The kitchen looks beautiful, the lighting is a great choice.
    Look forward to the day we employ you to transform our home !

    ReplyDelete