Friday, December 3, 2010

Getting there

So things are starting to look a little more like a home.  Upstairs, new drywall is up where it needed to be and things are starting to appear that are like a promise of things to come.  I arrived at the house this afternoon to see a framed in structure that will become what I am sure will be my beloved window seat in the living room.  This is something I've always wanted and was excited that this sort of bay window could allow for that.  We have some ocean view from there when you look down the road so it will be a wonderful place to put our feet up with a good book and watch the world.

Here it is!  And there is Sophia discovering the mandarin box and requesting her fourth one of the day.  Dont worry they're baby sized ones!


Drywall is back up and the mudder and taper is coming to start on the upstairs tomorrow.  So the wall and entry way over in the corner wasnt there before but it is now and its our entrance way to a laundry room/pantry.


The laundry room will host our lovely new frontloaders and goodness knows what else as its nice and deep. Ooops this pictures kind of blurry.


Next week the drywallers are coming back to do the basement - very exciting!!!  In the meantime, Phil will spend much of the weekend insulating..........fun stuff!!!  I on the other hand will spend it relaxing as much as possible - the semester just finished and I have 10 days till my one exam so I think I can afford to relax a bit.  Mmmm maybe a bath.

Talking of baths, this little munchkin loves hers.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! I can't wait to have coffee with you on that window seat. I have always dreamed of one too, since I was a little girl. Best of all, I can now walk in my socks to our wednesday morning coffee times :) And so can you! Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! - a window seat in a bay window - can I bag some time there ?
    Thanks Joy, for the entertaining running commentary - and I LOVE the picture of Sophia peaking over the bath !
    You're doing an amazing job, Phil.
    Love, MUM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I especially like where you guys decided to put the toilet. That will be very convenient while cooking in the kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete