Friday, November 26, 2010

A bunch of ugly images but you get the idea!

Its been a few days..........or a couple of weeks since my last post and I ask myself why?  Well maybe its because all the things going on at the house lately are all what I would call...........well..........frankly they're boring and ugly.  So much plumbing and electrical work is being done and I know that its all essential but the results are not so visible.  There has to be a life lesson on patience in there somewhere!!!

So if you were to walk in the house right now, particularly in the suite downstairs where everything is new, you might see such scenes as this


Watch out for those wires.............dont worry I dont think they're live!!

Or if you look up at the ceiling you might see this


To me its just a complicated missmash!  But I'm forever grateful I have a skilled husband that knows what he's doing.  This complicated missmash will probably ensure that right above this ceiling I will be able to relax in my soaker tub with candles lit all around me, not because the lights dont work but because I chose the ambiance of candle light!  Hmm maybe I need to request a dimmer switch for some mood lighting!  Good idea.  I think so.

The other thing I see as a visible sign of progress is some holes in the ceiling upstairs.  These holes are intensional of course, for pot lights.


Sometimes little bursts of colour appear out of nowhere in the shape and form of the lovely Sophia.  Glad to see those reflectors on her jacket work!


Yup that's Phil holding her up.  I'm taking the picture from the living room and he's standing on the stairs.  If you can tell behind all that junk, thats a half wall that separates the stairs from the living area.  It used to be a full wall but we broke it down to let some more light in.

Sophia with her famous grin helping Daddy out.


Oh and here's all the snow we've been having.  The rain is currently washing it all away.  Oh well it was nice while it lasted.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you're really gutting the place! Looks like it's going to be awesome! Makes my renos look so basic, haha, yet they are taking as long to complete! I'm waiting for my handy man (aka my father) to have time to come install some flooring and then I'll have a huge chunk done. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil - you are amazing ! We hope you are enjoying a lot of satisfaction from creating your own new home.
    Joy - love your running commentry on the reno progress !
    Sophia - Granny loves your new snow boots !
    Lots of love, Dad and Mum xx
    PS Phil, the lions look good surrounded in snow !

    ReplyDelete