Saturday, November 13, 2010

Good riddance to you wallpaper

I didnt have class on Thursday morning and Phil's parents were off work too so while they looked after Sophia for the morning I jumped at the chance to get my hands on this reno project in some sort of way.  Our day started the way most days start for Phil..........a trip to Home Depot.  Phil is in the throws of framing so here he is loading some lumber into the truck.


We also headed to the tool rental department for a wall-paper steamer.............my favourite.  Having grown up in Scotland, I'm all to familiar with wallpaper.  My Mum and I spent many an hour steaming wallpaper off the walls.  Ah..............memories.  So with some experience under my belt, I set out to rid the house of any trace of wallpaper.  Thankfully there were only four walls - feature walls, I might add!!
Want some of this?


No?  I didnt think so!

So I did a bit of this.


And some cheese for the camera!


But I wont take all the credit because after lunch I switched places with Chris (my mother-in-law) and she kept stripping that nasty wallpaper.  But I didnt mind, cause I got to hang out with this angel who by-the-way has recently taken a keen interest in looking through my make-up bag.  Yesterday morning I found her under the dining room table applying blusher like a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment