Monday, November 8, 2010

Colour colour on the wall, which is the greatest of them all?



Picking paint colours is an interesting process.  I mean, a room can look totally different when you paint it another colour.  And the fact that we have a whole house to paint means we have a lot of choices to make. Its a lot of fun but sometimes I wish we could afford an interior designer to give us a little guidance.  Probably not going to happen, so here's hoping we make some good choices.  One choice we will make is using Benjamin Moore paint.  Phil highly recommends it.  Having had to work with a variety of brands of paint in the past, depending on what his clients chose, Phil cant recommend Benjamin Moore enough.  He says its so good that if done well, you almost only need one good coat of it so even if it feels like you are spending slightly more in the first place, you're really not cause you dont need to use as much.  Once in a while Phil recalls the time he had to do seven coats of this bright reddish pink coloured paint in someones bedroom cause it was a cheap brand that just didnt work well.  I'm pretty sure he was sick of the colour by the time he was done.  Needless to say, we'll never have a hot pink bedroom.  No worries...........its not really my style.

Here's my hubby pondering over Benjamin Moore's 'Historical Collection'.  I think we've found a few winners here!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I like paint colors. I especially like what people name them. They're always so funny, and I always wonder if there's a bunch of people in a room somewhere, drinking lattes and trying to figure out names like "bright cloud" and "harvest sunshine".

    What does one get paid for a job like that, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete